As some of you may have heard, Josh and I almost had a baby Tuesday night! Around 3 pm I started to have some back pain and tried to just take some tylenol and not think about it. Well it got worse and worse, and spread to my abdomen and got to the point where i called Josh in tears because I couldn't even stand. It came in waves and got worse, but wasn't really very regular so I didn't think that it was contractions - I thought it was more likely a kidney stone or something. So Josh drove me to Rockyview Emergency and they took me right up to labour and delivery, where it was discovered that I was, in fact, having contractions and they were getting stronger and closer together! Now I know I should have known what contractions feel like, seeing as this is my second time and all, but remember that I never really had labour with Maddy, as my water broke and they had to induce me and then because she went into distress they delivered her right away by c-section!
Well the contractions continued for about an hour and they did an exam and saw i was dialated a little and we were told that most likely the baby was on its way!! panick set in of course. At 35 weeks the baby would be just fine, but we have nothing ready and everything is packed away in storage.... and well, we just weren't ready!! So we let family know what was happening and promised to keep them updated. Then things began to change. They gave me IV fluids and let me lie down to rest and did an ultrasound and the contractions just started to slow down and then eventually just stopped altogether. They did another exam and found that i hadn't changed at all and that I seemed to be fine. The explanation was irritated uterus, due to many factors, such as dehydration or stress or too much activity - or the doc said it could just be that baby is getting ready to come soon.... either way, I have been ordered to rest and the baby should be able to stay put until the 20th when she is supposed to come. This should be interesting, seeing as the next two weeks are going to be so busy with us moving and such!!
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment