Our babies

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 7, 2008

Welcome to our new blog! We figured since we are starting our new lives we may as well start a new blog! I have quite a few updates I want to put on here - so please be patient and keep checking back often! For now I will give you all an update of how we are and WHERE we are!

Unless you pay no attention to our lives what-so-ever (and really shouldn't even be reading this then!), you know that we have moved to Calgary, Alberta last week. We spent our last weekend in California driving around the coast and visiting spots that we had really loved. We also attended our last Sharks game Tuesday night and I have to admit - that was one of the harder nights! We absolutely LOVED going to those games. I seriously could have gone ever night. And for those of you who think I may become a turncoat and start routing for the Flames again... I hate to disappoint you but it will NOT be happening any time soon!! haha.

We had packers and movers come on Thursday (my birthday too by the way!). It was a busy, bittersweet time. We were really excited to get to Calgary and get started with our new lives, but we loved California so much (especially our home) and it was pretty hard to see it all being packed away.... it was the end of a very exciting chapter of our lives! I felt especially sad when they loaded up all of Madelyn's room and it was left empty.... I just kept remembering all her first moments in that room and how much heart I put into decorating it... okay, now I am starting to get all sobby again. haha.

That night we had to stay in a hotel and then Friday morning we went back to the house and spent the entire day cleaning. We finished just in the nick of time and then said good-bye to the house as it was time to drive to San Francisco and catch a flight to our new city! I think we were in shock the whole way there! We both kept saying we just couldn't believe we were doing it and that we were going back - just in time for winter too!!

The flight back was on Halloween so of course was not very busy. Madelyn got to bring her car seat on and have her own seat, no charge, because the flight was not even half full. I tell you - I think we are DEFINITELY going to pay for an extra seat from now on when we go anywhere with her, it was just so much easier!! (make sure to check out the cute video!)

We stayed in a hotel in Calgary Friday night and then Saturday we drove to Medicine Hat to visit everyone. Nathan and Hailey had a Halloween party Saturday night and it was also Mikka's 2nd birthday on Sunday. We decided that even though it would be nice just to have a weekend to relax, the whole point of us moving back was so that we could attend things like that - which we normally wouldn't have been able to!

Sunday night we drove back and then on Monday we were busy doing the simple but important parts of moving to a new city such as getting bank accounts, new cell phones, etc. Enmax is paying for us to stay in a condo until the first of December, so that is where we are right now.

The condo is pretty nice and even has a fireplace. We went out and bought a little laptop so that we can have internet while we are staying here and we rented a beautiful new Dodge Caravan until our vehicles come on Monday, as well as all of our stuff. It is going to stay in storage though for the next month until we find a place to rent. We decided to rent a nice house (LOTS available around here) for the first year and then save up for a down payment to buy. Josh works right by Chinook Mall, so we will be staying in the south end of Calgary, which is super nice!

So that is everything as it stands right now. Josh is absolutely loving his job and is very excited for what the future holds for him. I love the fact that we are so close to family and friends. In fact, Josh is going to be in Denver for business next week and I am going to drive back to Medicine Hat with Madelyn to visit everyone and to pick up Bailey (he has been staying with Stan and Linda).

We are just really excited about our new lives here in Calgary. I enjoyed the first snowfall (crazy i know). I have joined a Calgary moms group already and checked out where our local libraries are for programs for Madelyn. We are going to get a family pass to the zoo, which will be so great for her. And of course I can't rave enough about how wonderful it will be being so close to our friends and family! My aunt lives here, so we will see her and my grandma a lot, which is fantastic. Josh's aunt and uncle live here as well, and it will be great seeing them more. We also have lots of old friends in the area and it will be nice to catch up and get to know them again!

That is all for now, sorry it is as long as a novel but there is just so much to tell you all! Like I mentioned, I have lots of pics to put up and will do them between Maddy napping etc, so I will try and get them up as soon as I can!

2 comments:

Nathan said...

I keep on forgetting that you guys are so close now...I love it.

The blog looks good

See you soon

Nathan

Choppy said...

Great to have ya back!!!
See ya in a couple weeks.