Our babies

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

So Josh and Mike had a fantastic time at the Metallica concerts. They went to both the Thursday and Friday shows. For the Friday show Mike won a meet and greet with the band and was able to get some autographs and some pictures with them - so cool!! Josh was able to get onto the floor for the Friday show as well and he caught a signed guitar pick by Kirk, which was pretty great. Mike also got a poster signed for him by all 4 members, so we are getting it framed for his office.







On Saturday we had the Enmax family Christmas party. Madelyn got to get her picture with Santa, which was pretty cute. Although, I think she was a little freaked out!




Josh is in Denver right now for the rest of the week. Although we knew this would be part of the sacrifice if we moved here and completely expected more work and such, it is still hard having him gone so often. Well at least I have Madelyn to keep me company - and busy!! My auntie Sheri is coming tomorrow to see the new house, so that will be nice. Tonight Madelyn and I went to the video store and got ourselves some girly movies. She is in bed now and I am going to turn on the fireplace, pop some popcorn and watch a movie while I finish my Christmas cards... and I think i may just have a nice hot bath before bed.... oh the life of a single gal... hehehe. gotta make the most of it!



I had one hell of a morning today. Josh left for the airport around 9 am and on the way he blew a tire and was stranded on the Deerfoot. So I had to bundle up the little one, drive on the icy roads (and we all know how much i just LOVE the deerfoot) and take Josh to the airport. Then I had to arrange for a tow truck to get the car and take it to a shop to have the tire changed. The hard part was that Josh wasn't going to be able to get the car until Friday and no one had space to store it! AND they wanted me to meet them at the car, but i refused, explaining to them that I had a small baby and that I would NOT be putting her in harms way again to go and wait on the deerfoot while cars go rushing by. are you kidding me?! so in the end i had them tow the car to the house and josh can deal with it when he gets home. the funny part of the story is that I had actually just gotten myself AMA a few days ago! I have never had it before and didn't even know if I needed it, but it has paid off already, so that was nice at least.



This weekend is the adult Enmax Christmas party and Tom Cochrane is performing. It should be a lot of fun and I am really looking forward to it. Stan and Linda are coming to stay with us and watch the little one. Friday night we are going to get our tree and decorate it and on Sunday, Lake Chaparral (where we live) is having a Christmas thing for the kids with hayrides and stuff. should be a blast!

No comments: