

So we have our summer vacation all planned and paid for now - yippee!! We are leaving middle of July and our main destination is to a remote island off Vancouver Island (Telegraph Cove), which is about 18 hours away. Here Josh plans on a day of kayaking with killer whales - a dream of his... so cool!! While he does this Madelyn and I will hang out at the cabin we rented and go to the beach.
If it was just Josh and I we would have done most of the drive in one day, but with Miss Maddy we have to break it up of course. So we are making the best of it and staying in Kamloops, Vancouver, Nanaimo, Port McNeill (where Josh will be kayaking), Victoria, Seattle and Penticton! In Vancouver we are staying in an oceanside hotel and are really looking forward to taking Maddy to Stanley Park and the aquarium. We have never been to Nanaimo and are excited to see it. Victoria is one of my favorite cities and also where Josh and I spent our honeymoon, so we are excited to go back. We booked a room at the Empress Hotel (have ALWAYS wanted to stay there) and Josh is going to go on a whale watching excursion while Maddy and I spend the day by the pool and shopping.
My favorite part of the trip is going to be the three hour detour to Seattle to take Maddy to see the Wiggles!! For those of who may not know, Maddy LOVES the Wiggles. She fell in love with them on first sight when we first moved here (so about 9 months old) and now she is absolutely obsessed. She has to watch them once a day or more and dances and sings and giggles. It is so frickin cute. So when I found out they were going to be in Seattle while we were up in that neck of the woods there was no question we were going. I am so excited for her to experience it - I know she will have the time of her life!
We are driving through the Okanagan to Penticton the next day and staying at a lakeside resort. This is MY part of the trip that I picked as my fun activity. It is a hotel on the lake with a spa and a casino... oh yeah!!!! So after I have my day and night of fun we make the journey home, stopping in Banff for lunch.
It is going to be busy but so much fun!!


1 comment:
sounds great
Maddy will have agood time
love grama mo
Post a Comment