Our last day of vacation was really LOOOONG. The plan was to head through Kelowna from Penticton, making it about a 7 hour drive back to Calgary. Unfortunately that day there were terrible fires in Kelowna and the main highway was shut down. We ended up having to drive back through Osoyoos and going through Cranbrook, which added about 3 hours to the drive!! We made the best of it though, stopping quite a lot for Madelyn (we found a great waterpark in Cranbrook). In total the drive took us nearly 13 hours, but we made it and Maddy did great!!! Altogether we drove 3700 KM (that is about 2600 miles for you Americans) and it was so great and so much fun.
Drive from Penticton - the roads were incredibly high and scary but the drive was beautiful!





you know you are back in Canada when..

I didn't realize that the Kokanee beer plant was in Creston
We stopped at a great waterpark in Cranbrook for a little break



Keeping herself busy on the drive
Back in Alberta!
Frank's slide... wish I could have gotten better pictures. I couldn't capture how huge the rocks were on the sides of the highway that destroyed an entire city!



She looks like she is really into it... haha
Beautiful Alberta night
The final tally!
3 comments:
Really a trip to remember
Thanks for sharing the experiance with us - it wss fun to see how Madelyn enjoyed her holiday - good planning Mommy and Daddy!
See you Friday.
Love Grama Mo
XXXXXXXXXXX...
Poor Maddy,
If only I could read -reminds me of Nathan with a menu was he was 3 or 4. He loved it but commented it would be better if I could read.
Love Grama Mo
XXxxxxx...
Jeez, looks like you had a pretty busy and fun time out there. I agree, Washington is quite beautiful. Acutally whats a great drive is going south from Lethbridge into the States, and go west thru the mountains to the coast in Seattle.
Glad you guys made it home ok and that Maddy was a good girl and got to enjoy the Wiggles.
Post a Comment