So yesterday I had to go get Madelyn from daycare (I had a lot of errands to do, since I start work on Monday, so decided to drop her off for a half day) and brave a major snowstorm. Roads and highways were shut down all throughout Calgary because they were undriveable due to all the snow and it took me forever to get her. But I finally made it and prepared myself for about a 2 hour drive back home. The thing that made me the maddest was had I known there was such a big storm coming I would have kept her home and saved us the whole trip!!
Anyways, about halfway home Maddy and i ended up in front of the H1N1 clinic and I remembered I needed to get her booster, so I decided to go do that since it wouldn't be busy and we were just sitting in traffic anyways.We got to the clinic and I took Maddy out of her seat and bundled her up and walked to the clinic. As soon as I got to the door I noticed it was closed. Probably because no workers could get there in the weather!! So I carried her back to the van in the storm and went to unlock the doors when I realized I must have left my keys by Maddy's car seat!!
Thankfully I had my cell phone in my jacket pocket and called Josh to call AMA (best money I have spent in the last year... I have had to use it way too many times!) I walked a ways until I found the first shop that was open and it turned out it is was a supplement shop. I walked in and two body builders were sitting and watching Rambo. weird. but it was warm and that was great.
They invited us in to wait for the AMA guy, who was going to be about an hour. Due to the horrible storm and 170 accidents in the afternoon, it was actually incredibly fast, and it was because Josh told them I had a baby with me.
Well the body builders ended up being the nicest guys ever. They had a rottweiler puppy there that Maddy played with the whole time and they gave us protein bars and water. So sweet.
Finally the AMA guy got there and after a good 20 minutes he got the van doors to open. Hallelujiah!! I got Maddy into her seat and all set and then realize I can't find the keys anywhere. What in the world?? They had to be around somewhere .. I did drive there! I look and look and look. I walked around to the drivers side, thinking I left them on my seat and wouldn't you know it.... there they are ON THE GROUND in front of my door...... FML.
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Thats really wierd about those guys watching Rambo...haha.
Seriously, what a relief things worked out in the end tho hey. Was the AMA guy there when you found your keys???
Post a Comment